It is envisaged that the service will require the provider to commit to the equivalent of approximately 15-20 ‘days’ of work (though some of these nominal days are likely to be split into odd hours over a greater number of days) during the term of appointment.
The provider will need to be available to communicate with partners and Kick-Start deliverers, often during evenings. Visits to projects and tournaments will almost certainly take place on Saturdays or Sundays.
The term of the appointment will be from the appointment date until 31st December 2011 (or as agreed with BAFA)
The provider will be subject to a service level agreement with BAFA.
The provider will require the following attributes:
- Be knowledgeable of the British American football landscape
- Be knowledgeable of suitable activity for young players of American football (therefore, a coaching background is desirable)
- Be knowledgeable about team administration
- Be knowledgeable about the fitting and correct use of playing equipment
- Be appropriately insured to cover any advice given
- Have, or be willing to undertake, a BAFA CRB disclosure (BAFA will pay for this)
- Be competent in basic record keeping and report writing