BAFA invites applications from suitable parties to provide coordination services for the Kick-Start 2011 programme.
The BAFA Kick-Start programme 2011 is designed to generate 6-8 new Youth Contact (U17) teams able to compete at some stage during the year in BAFA CL tournaments and which are sustainable through 2012 and beyond. BAFA will provide playing equipment, on loan, to succesful project bidders to provide rapid start-up of activity leading to the formation of these teams.
BAFA requires the delivery of the Kick-Start 2011 programme to be coordinated to high standards to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency is obtained from the investment. Therefore, BAFA has committed a percentage of the available funding within the programme budget towards the appointment and remuneration of a service provider.
This role would ideally suit person(s) from within the sport with the suitable attributes who can commit to delivery, mostly during evenings and weekends, as the programme requires.
The service provider will coordinate all aspects of the Kick-Start 2011 programme under the supervision of a delegated BAFA Director. This will entail:
- Establishing and maintaining communication links to all approved projects and organisers
- Providing regular updates and a Final Report to the BAFA Board of Directors
- Coordination and recording details of the ordering, supply and (where necessary) the return of equipment to all approved projects.
- -Visits to each of the Kick-Start projects to provide support and guidance
- Regular contact with project organisers to monitor activity and provide support and guidance.
- Visits to BAFACL tournaments (as agreed with BAFA) in which Kick-Start 2011 teams are taking part to monitor activity and provide reports on the progress of teams.